White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese0Great Value Old Cheddar Cheese 450G$7.21 • Chq
1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese0Great Value Swiss Cheese 11 Slices$4.96 • Chq
1/2 cup whole wheat panko0Dynasty Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs 99G$4.34 • Chq
3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine with Olive Oil 907G$7.46 • Chq
2 cups 2% milk0Natrel Milk 1% 2L$5.80 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Grease 8-in (2 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Toss cheeses together in medium bowl. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese mixture in another medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) to crumb mixture and toss. Add milk to saucepan with remaining spread and whisk in Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened.
- Return cooked pasta to pasta pot. Stir remaining cheese and if desired, a pinch of nutmeg into Sauce; pour over pasta and toss to mix. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- TIP: Add a handful of cooked broccoli florets to pasta mixture just before baking for added nutrition, color and texture. * Becel Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and an excellent source of calcium and fibre.