Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
7 hours 10 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
7 hours cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Your Fresh Market AAA Angus Beef Boneless Stewing Beef 1KG$20.23 • kg
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Great Value Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ready To Eat 170G$2.46 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.74 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.74 • Chq
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Carrots 1 Bunch$2.48 • Chq
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth0Knorr Bovril Broth Concentrated Chicken 250ML$4.96 • Chq
2 cups dark beer or stout0Bull's-Eye Guinness Beer Blend GGQ Sauce, 425ml$3.96 • Chq
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0French‘s Original Dijon Mustard 354ML$2.50 • Chq
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.