Pub Style Chicken Curry
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
5 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine with Olive Oil 907G$7.46 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$14.96 • Chq
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$4.09 • Chq
5 tsp. curry powder0Great Value Curry Powder 150G$2.75 • Chq
1 1/4 cups water0evian® natural spring water, 1.5L bottle$3.09 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
3/4 cup applesauce0Freshline Green Apple Wedges 750G$7.46 • Chq
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed0Green Giant Frozen Vegetables Sweetlets Peas 750G$4.09 • Chq
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook 8 minutes or until golden. Stir in curry powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, gravy mix from Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish and applesauce. Add chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir peas into skillet and heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- TIP: Serve with a veggie-filled side salad for a balanced meal. Each serving of this dish is a good source of fibre, and a source of calcium, iron.