Herbed Sirloin Roast & Vegetables
Temps & Portions
1 hour 45 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
1 hour 30 minutes cuisson
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine with Olive Oil 907G$7.46 • Chq
2 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), divided and crumbled0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$2.96 • Chq
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme and/or sage), divided0McCormick Gourmet Ground Thyme 34G$7.46 • Chq
2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$4.09 • Chq
4 lbs. sirloin tip roast0Steakhouse Select Seasoned Beef Sirloin Roast ~1KG$27.53 • kg
3 lbs. halved baby red new potatoes0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.74 • Chq
4 medium carrots, sliced 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick0Carrots 1 Bunch$2.48 • Chq
1 large onion, sliced0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$4.09 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix0Knorr Classic Gravy Mix Brown 30G$2.21 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil with 1 crumbled Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube and half the herbs and garlic in small cup. Rub over roast; place in roasting pan.
- Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and roast an additional 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, about 20 minutes before roast will be done, combine remaining oil, Bouillon Cube, herbs and garlic in large bowl. Add potatoes, carrots and onion and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet. Roast, turning vegetables once, 30 minutes or until tender.
- When roast reaches desired doneness, remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix according to package directions, adding pan drippings. Serve with roast and vegetables.
- TIP: Try this with parsnips instead of carrots or even better, use 2 of each!
- Each serving of this dish provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is an excellent source of iron.